If you’re a legal leader looking for resources, then this post is for you. We live in a world full of information, but finding the right advice from professionals you trust isn’t always easy. We took feedback from legal experts and have put together a list of the top 30 resources. Check it out.
Legal Industry Groups (to join!)
- ACC: Association of Corporate Counsel aims to be the premier global legal association serving the diversified needs of in-house counsel.
- IAPP: The International Association of Privacy Professionals is the world’s largest information privacy organization.
- ABA: The American Bar Association defends liberty and delivers justice as the national representative of the legal profession.
- CLOC: The Corporate Legal Operations Consortium is a global community of experts focused on redefining the business of law.
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association: The Minority Corporate Counsel Association is committed to advancing the hiring, retention and promotion of diverse lawyers in law departments and law firms by providing research, best practices, professional development and training; and through pipeline initiatives.
- Local bar association section for your industry.
Legal on LinkedIn (to follow!)
- Andy Dale: GC and CPO at Alyce
- Tim Parilla: CLO at LinkSquares
- Ross Guberman: President, Legal Writing Pro
- Nada Alnajafi: Author of Contract Redlining Etiquette
- Laura Frederick: Founder of the How to Contract training platform
- Flo Nicolas: Host of the Contract Tech Showcase at How to Contract
- Information Technology Audit and Governance Group: LinkedIn's largest group focused on all things related to all areas of GRC, information technology audit, compliance, Cyber Security, quality assurance, business continuity, disaster recovery, IT governance, fraud, risk, and forensics.
Books for Legal Leaders (to read!)
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In.
- Get Things Done by David Allen: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwel: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Atomic Habits by James Clear: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
Legal Tech and News Groups (to subscribe!)
- Artificial Lawyer: A news site focused on changing the business of law, through technology, people, and process.
- Legaltech News on LinkedIn: A forum to discuss how technology is changing the legal universe.
- Law360: A one-stop news source for legal news and analysis.
- International Legal Technology Association (ILTA): The trusted community for legal technologists, providing information, education, peer connections, and career support.
- The Legal Technologist: Thought-provoking articles on how technology is affecting the work of lawyers.
- How to Contract: The leading learning hub for lawyers and professionals who work with commercial contracts.
- The American Lawyer: Reporting on all aspects of the business of law as practiced by the largest firms in the U.S. and around the world.
- The National Law Journal: A forum where private practitioners, judges, corporate lawyers, and government attorneys can discuss federal and state litigation, verdicts, and the latest cases and legal issues before the Supreme Court, on Capitol Hill and at the White House.
- Above the Law, Technology: A legal website with news, insights, and opinions.
- Law360: News and analysis on legal developments.
- American Bar Association (ABA) Law Practice Division: Teaches the business of practicing law
Lastly, be sure to subscribe to the LinkSquares blog. We’ll keep you updated on legal team best practices, contract management tips, changing regulations, and much more.
Subscribe to the LinkSquares Blog
Stay up to date on best practices for GCs and legal teams, current events, legal tech, and more.